New theme – BuddyBuilder
UPDATE: Check out the last post in this thread for news about the latest version…
After months of development, I’m excited to finally announce the launch of the BuddyBuilder Theme Construction Framework for Buddypress.
I think it’s the most extensively customizable BP theme available, with over 100 features and options in a powerful admin section.
BuddyBuilder is a premium theme, but there’s a freebie available too: BuddyLite.
BuddyLite will be going through a major overhaul and prettification process in the next few days to bring it up to speed with BuddyBuilder. Once that’s done, there will be 2 freebies: BuddyLite and BuddyLite-Classic
Get all the details at http://BuddyLite.com
See you there and… have a great day
Thanks! “FunkyBuddy” is serious fun!
I was rummaging through some backgrounds and, when I found that one, well, it was Studio54 time all over again (he says, flashing back to 1978). I just HAD to use it for something!
I just started putting together some template packs for popular plugins to get them working seamlessly with all the features in BuddyBuilder.
So far, we have template packs for BP-Gallery and Buddypress Links, and have a suggestion for Jet Event System. Need to update the BP-Links pack to v0.5 though, hadn’t seen that update til now
If you have a plugin in mind you think should be supported in BuddyBuilder or BuddyLite, please let me know
Great FunkyBuddy! It looks having a New Year celebration
I’ve decided to release an update to the BuddyBuilder Theme Construction Framework before the release of BP1.3 ‘cuz it looks like it’s still going to be awhile… JJJ is still busy repurposing the BP codebase and there appear to be several dozen open tickets that still need resolving.
So, here’s what you can expect in BuddyBuilder 1.1:
– The “BP/WP” section will be divided into 2 new groups: “Privacy” & “BP Extras”. The “Privacy” group will include all the current “Show to…” features with a new option for each one: “Redirect site visitors”. Selecting this new option will redirect your site visitors to any URL you enter in a new “Site visitor redirect URL” option field.
– In addition to the current “Header” & “Sidebar” options, the Searchbar Location feature (under “Navigation”) will include a new placement option for greater theme flexibility: “Main Menu”.
– There will be 2 Theme Locations available for your WP custom menus: 1 menu labeled “Show to everyone” and 1 labeled “Show to logged-in users only”. The logged-in-users-only menu will, surprise, become visible only once a site member logs into your site.
– New options to show the “Login/Signup” form in the main sidebar, the secondary sidebar, or the header.
– A new feature with preset main menu heights: “Normal”, “Thinner”, “Really Thin”.
– A new Full-Width template for your homepage, also full widgetized.
It’ll take me a few weeks to get all this new stuff coded and tested, so don’t expect the update before mid-March. In the meantime, you can see both BuddyBuilder and the free BuddyLite themes at http://BuddyLite.com
Happy theming everyone!
Great news: BuddyBuilder v1.1 is now available. Some new features and options are just itching for you to discover them and play with them!
For details on what’s new, see the following post at BuddyLite.com:
Unfortunately, the redirect options I had promised above are proving a bit more challenging than I had anticipated, so that’s still on the drawing board for a future release. So here’s a preview of what’s new in this version:
– Add Your Affiliate ID
– Add a Custom Favicon
– New Searchbar Placement Option
– New Logged-In Only Custom Menu
– New Logged-In Only Page Template
– New Community Dropdown Option
– New Login/Signup Form Options
– Create a Splashpage for Your Homepage
– New Menu Presets
– Admin Panel Redesign with a New Layout
– A Few CSS Fixes
Hope to see you in the BuddyBuilder forums and… have fun!
Remember, BuddyBuilder is a premium theme, but you can also get your hands on a cool freebie: BuddyLite.
BuddyLite has nowhere near as many features and options as BuddyBuilder but, if you’re keen on getting your hands dirty and know your CSS, then BuddyLite is the way to go.
Check out the new header image rotator coming in BuddyBuilder v1.2!
Nice one @pcwriter. I think my favorite theme, FunkyBuddy, will be cooler still with the header image rotator
Yeah, maybe throw in some dancing queens or feverish saturday niters in the background to spruce it up even more!
To see what can be done in an evening with BuddyBuilder check out my site which is still under construction.
I have to be honest, I’ve looked at all of the themes available for BuddyPress, and BuddyBuilder is IMO superior to all of them. The amount of creativity it allows you is staggering. It makes sense to call it a theme framework, because it is really something you can build upon without no coding knowledge whatsoever.
Wow Nice! It’s like I’m free to do all designing with ease. Thank you!
The new BuddyBuilder v1.2 now includes over 160 customization options! (Geez… will it never end? Nope.)
Especially fun in this update is the Header Image Rotator: you can display up to 8 images in random or ordered rotation in your header, complete with animated descriptions. You have full control over image display time; fade-in/out speed; description size, location, animation speed… and much more.
See details here: http://buddylite.com/2011/notices/new-in-buddybuilder-v1-2/
Questions? Don’t be shy… ask here or in the BuddyBuilder forum at: http://buddylite.com/groups/premium-support/forum/
- The topic ‘New theme – BuddyBuilder’ is closed to new replies.