register just refreshes page
when filling out register form it just refreshes the page – seems to fail with no error message I can see.
How would I find out what is happening in the browser and on the server to debug?
tried with turning off plugins and back to default theme,
also did the list of things to check from here:
– check the WordPress settings allows account to be created (Anyone can register checkbox needs to be active) See: wordpress.org/support/article/settings-general-screen/#membership
– check your permalink settings are using one of the pretty permalink options (not plain), see this documentation page wordpress.org/support/article/using-permalinks/#mod_rewrite-pretty-permalinks
– check the activate and register actions are associated with a public WordPress page. You can find some inputs about it from this documentation page : codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/configure-components/#settings-buddypress-pages
NB: the registration and activation pages are only displayed to users who are not logged in,
site is https://www.chatyolo.com/register/ – it’s kind of NSFW
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
6. Which version of BP are you running?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
301 Redirects, All in One SEO, AdRotate, Error Log Monitor, Forminator Pro,
Slide Anything – Responsive Content / HTML Slider and Carousel, Wise Chat Pro, Wordfence Security,
WP Activity Log, Smush Pro, Query Monitor,
9. Are you using a standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
tried both -happens with 2021 theme, zakra, and astra
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
2.6.9 – it’s turned off through and still issue
20. What BP Template Pack is activated in your installation? You will see that under Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress – Options page.
was on legacy, switched to neavox
Tried with firefox and chrome and different computers..
had a few other profile fields – then removed them from the base signup and it still fails –
Help greatly appreciated
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.