Upgrading BP -> getting White Screen
I’m upgrading from BP 1.1.2 to 1.2 and I’m having difficulty.
I followed the instructions:
1. I deactivated all plugins.
2. I first upgraded to WPMU 2.9.1 successfully.
3. Then I tried manually overwriting the old BP plugins folder, with the new BP 1.2 folder.
4. I then deleted the themes folder.
After I clicked on activate buddypress in the plugins section, I immediately get a white screen the second I click on “activate”. I can’t access wp-admin/ or the home page. They are all white.
I can only fix this by deleting the buddypress folder, and then copying my backup folder of BP 1.1.2
I also tried:
1. automatic upgrading buddypress from 1.1.2 to 1.2, but it hangs (it updates the folder, but seems to have problems activating it).
2. removing my old BP folder and putting in BP 1.2 (instead of overwriting)
3. completely removing my wp-content folder, putting in the default wp-content folder from wpmu installation, and then trying to install the buddypress plugin manually and automatically.
None of these are working. Please help!! I feel like I must be forgetting to do something important.
- The topic ‘Upgrading BP -> getting White Screen’ is closed to new replies.