WordPress MU 2.8.1 Released
Before proceeding, BuddyPress 1.0.2 is NOT fully tested inside and out with 2.8.1. If you are on a LIVE environment, we recommend you wait before upgrading your blogs. The information contained within this topic is for us reckless folk that just can’t leave well enough alone.
WordPress MU 2.8.1 was officially released today, 7/10/2009. I have personally been using BuddyPress trunk off of the 2.8.1 trunk for a few days now and have not encountered any bugs or issues so far.
WordPress MU 2.8.1 includes all of the bug fixes of WordPress 2.8.1, and packages them inside of WordPress MU.
NOTES ABOUT UPGRADING WORDPRESS
- We recommend deactivating all site-wide plugins before updating WordPress MU core, however it is not 100% necessary in some cases. (Try at your own risk.)
- Any plugins that depend on BuddyPress being active need to be deactivated before BuddyPress is, i.e. BP Photo Album by Manoj.
- Those of you integrating your forums with bbPress, no longer need…
…in your bb-config.php. Go ahead and remove that line, and cookie integration should resume.
- Change your main blog theme to something other than bphome (or whichever customised theme you run). Set it back to the standard WPMU blog theme, and change it back after you have upgraded WPMU and re-enabled BuddyPress.
- Those of you using deep integration with bbPress 1.0.1 and using the BuddyBar plugin will need to apply this patch for the time being until I can come up with a better fix.
Please report back to this topic if you experience any issues with the latest stable release of BuddyPress 1.0.2 and WPMU 2.8.1.
Thanks and happy upgrading!
- The topic ‘WordPress MU 2.8.1 Released’ is closed to new replies.