WordPress user profile fields in Buddypress
I was wondering why the “default user profile fields” like website, twitter, etc. are not accessible via the Buddypress profile page on frontend. I have searched the whole internet but didn´t find an easy way on how to make this fields available and editable.
Background of my question:
– I´m using WP together with WP Events Manager
– In WP Events Manager you can add easily custom user profile fields
– So if a user subscribes to an event you can save additional information like “special interests” and saving this directly in user profile
– But then after event registration the user can not update this data in his buddypress profile
– He can only update it if he goes after login on his profile in backend (/wp-admin/profile.php)
Thanks for feedback and sharing your experience.
- The topic ‘WordPress user profile fields in Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.