BuddyPress 2.2 Beta 1 is available for testing. Please download the 2.2-beta1 zip or get a copy via our Subversion repository. If you are a plugin or theme developer, or are running a BuddyPress powered site with a development environment available, your help testing it out with us is very much appreciated.
A detailed changelog will be part of our official release notes, but until then here’s a rundown of some of our favorite changes that could use your eyes. (Check out this report on Trac for a more detailed view.)
- Member types will allow developers to register different types of users. (Think ‘teacher’ vs. ‘student’.)
- Post type activities will allow developers to connect custom post types to activity stream items.
- Numerous improvements to the Legacy template pack.
- Several new query API’s (based on WordPress improvements) for retrieving exactly the results you’re looking for.
- Continued cache enhancements, particularly for multi-site and multi-network WordPress configurations.
- Tons of under-the-hood improvements.
- Increased coverage of inline code documentation, actions, & filters.
Thanks everyone for all your help, and we are excited to get BuddyPress 2.2 out by the end of January!