Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] Change site name in admin bar

• coaster101

@coaster101

I am trying to modify the site name of my admin bar. Currently it says “website” but I want it to say “website connect”. What would be the easiest way to do this?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• aces
    Participant

@aces

Hopefully the following link might help? https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/add-a-welcome-message-to-admin-bar-instead-of-website-name/#post-87017 ?

I use a version of it though the admin menu bar is only seen by those logged in….

coaster101

@coaster101

I really just want to add one word after the blog’s name, not a welcome message. Is there a simpler way to acheive that? Thanks for the repsonse.

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@coaster101

In your WordPress backend, go to “Settings” > “General” and modify the “Site Title”. Whatever you enter there will be displayed in the adminbar.

coaster101

@coaster101

This would be only for the admin bar, though. I don’t want to change the title of the entire site.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you don’t have one yet, create file named bp-custom.php and add the code below then upload to server in wp-content/plugins/ folder

<?php

remove_action( 'bp_adminbar_logo',  'bp_adminbar_logo' );

function my_adminbar_name() {
    global $bp;
    echo '<li><a>root_domain . '">' . Website Connect . '</a></li>';
    }
    add_action('bp_adminbar_menus', 'my_adminbar_name', 1);

?>

Replace “Website Connect” with what you want.

coaster101

@coaster101

I uploaded that file to the wp-content/plugins folder and received this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home2/websitro/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php on line 7

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

replace that line with

coaster101

@coaster101

Now it just adds a link to the right of the site title, it looks the same as “My Account”, “Dashboard”, etc. It has an arrow besides it as well.

So it looks like this: “Website” “Website Connect v” “My Account v” “Dashboard v” “Notifications v”

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Yeah, I was in midst of correcting that hopefully before you saw it. Haste made waste.

function my_adminbar_name () {
    global $bp;
    echo '<a>root_domain . '" id="admin-bar-logo">Welcome Connect</a>';
    }
    remove_action('bp_adminbar_logo','bp_adminbar_logo');
    add_action('bp_adminbar_logo','my_adminbar_name');

EDIT – Works when you put this in your active theme’s functions.php file (instead of the bp-custom.php file in plugins directory as mentioned above. Thanks to @DJPaul in this post).

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Change site name in admin bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar