Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No Admin Bar or any other sign of BP on website page

• Hello,

I have installed/activated the BP and BP template pack. I am using a theme on regular wordpress.org NOT MU. I do not see the admin bar on the top of my home page or any other. I only see the My Account drop down menu when I am logged into the dashboard.

http://www.givingscene.com

I have read SEVERAL forum posts that talk about a dashboard settings area that includes settings to enable registration etcetera. I do not have that.

Is there a helpful video tutorial from beginning to end so I can find where I made a mistake? All I did was add the 2 plugins in my dashboard and activate and go through the template steps up to Step 3. If there was something else I was supposed to do, I probably missed it.

PLEASE HELP. I am at a complete loss.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Check if your theme’s footer.php has a “ somewhere just before closing body and html tags.

It does. Below is what is in the Footer php file:

`<a href="https://wordpress.org/&quot; title="” rel=”generator”> – Designed by Gabfire Themes

`

This is what is in the last portion:

EDIT – corrected code above with backticks. mercime.

I tried to paste the whole last portion above but it cuts off after the Gabfire link unfortunately but yes the code is in the footer file.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I corrected code above with backticks. See text below the input area and just before the”Post Reply” buttom. Surround your code between backticks not apostrophe’s.

Move your “ to just before closing “

@gregfielding did you post in the wrong thread ? :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

No it was my bad @hnla, in the process of editing the code that mdanista posted above because it was not showing up then wreaking havoc to the layout, I placed the wrong edit topic code and @gregfielding‘s got edited. To compound the problem, I tried to move greg’s topic and it looks like it was deleted instead. Sorry Greg!

@mercime 😆 not having a good day all in all

Think we’d better post a sticky just warning people that if their posts appear to start jumping around random threads not to panic it’s just mercime having a little ‘re-arranging of the furniture’ session

I’m going to edit post #96127 haven’t a clue what it may be about as it hasn’t been posted yet

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== it’s just mercime having a little ‘re-arranging of the furniture’ session ==

@hnla not fair, LOL. The sticky should be about what a backtick is. It’s not an apostrophe and neither should they place “backticks“ as is before and after code :-)

@mercime Blame it on the backticks, bad workman blames… ;)

Off to posts a forum alert “mercime is logged in , would all users kindly take caution when posting and if they can’t find their post later please search at random through the last 100 threads”

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘No Admin Bar or any other sign of BP on website page’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar