Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.5 HTML email styling not working

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• shanebp

@shanebp

Have you read this section ‘Customize Email Template’ on this page:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/emails/

Thorsten :-)
    Participant

@per4mance

Hi,

read this @shanebp but how to customize in appearance area the Email header if I want to use a logo instead of the site name?

abuyaman
    Participant

@abuyaman

Hey,

I have the same problem that buddypress just sends plain text emails not HTML?!

Any help is highly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Abuyaman

Any plugin that redeclares wp_mail() will cause BuddyPress to send plain text emails.
    The Postman SMTP plugin redeclares the function in Postman/PostmanWpMailBinder.php.

A solution might be to find another SMTP plugin, but it depends what exactly you are using the Postman plugin for.

abuyaman
    Participant

@abuyaman

Thanks Paul for your quick reply 🙂

That’s a valid point! I am using Easy WP SMTP right now! I need to deliver situation like subscription and welcome emails..

To make clear, would you please advise which plugin is compatible with buddypress! I guess buddypress situation giving me some cool features such as user engagement. However, I wonder if it is integrated with the theme I’ve installed WPLMS since it delivers some emailing features related to courses status as well does WooCommerce.

Thanks again for your support
    Cheers
    Abuyaman

Participant

@per4mance

Hi guys,

I found out that mandrillapp.com works as SMTP service with BuddyPress because of replacing all line feeds ("\n") by <br/> in the message body. The issue there is that mandrillapp.com will become an AddOn of MailChimp with day of 27th April this year.

For this reason I searched for another SMTP service and tried SendGrid. Both SMTP services can use individual HTML templates, not from BuddyPress but you can style it within your account there. For now SendGrid cannot replace the line feeds as mandrillapp.com does but I contacted the support team of SendGrid and they will work on a solution for it. Hope to get the solution soon.

Best,
    Thorsten

abuyaman
    Participant

@abuyaman

I tried disabling BP Email using the below two links instruction on how creating bp-custom.php & disabling code:

bp-custom.php

Emails

However, I am still getting the plain text mail!

Please advise..

Participant

@per4mance

Hi @abuyaman

I found a HTML solution that works now with WP/BP.

1. Use WP Better Emails
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-better-emails/

2. Use SAR Friendly SMTP
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/sar-friendly-smtp/

And if you don’t have a SMTP service, use SendGrid.com

Tested and it works for like a charme.

ripulkr
    Participant

@ripulkr

You can also integrate Gmail for sending Emails using the WP SMTP plugin : http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-send-email-in-wordpress-using-the-gmail-smtp-server/

For the WPLMS theme, the developers are working on migrating their course related emails to Buddypress.

diversityx
    Participant

@diversityx

I will continue using Mandrill due to our systems being tied with Mailchimp, and the tracking is amazing. How do we go about making the BP emails HTML with Mandrill?

Bharat
    Participant

@chavodbharat

Hello Guys

I have found solutions for html email text
    there is some changes in bp_core files :
    You can change content type given below path:
    \wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-functions.php line number 2962

put content_html text instead content_plaintext:
    content_plaintext should be send plain text email and content_html should be

send html email:
    $email->get( ‘content_plaintext’, ‘replace-tokens’ )

$email->get( ‘content_html’, ‘replace-tokens’ )

I would like to give suggestions, if buddypress team should be given backend options like select content type (1)HTML email (2)Plain text
    because buddypress have not given any hook for changes content type text

shanebp

@shanebp

I would like to give suggestions, if buddypress team should be given backend options like select content type (1)HTML email (2)Plain text
    because buddypress have not given any hook for changes content type text

You can create an enhancement ticket here using the same login as you use for these forums.

abuyaman
    Participant

@abuyaman

@chavodbharat,

thanks very much 🙂

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 HTML email styling not working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar