BuddyPress Links 0.2-RC1 now available
BuddyPress Links version 0.2 (RC1, unstable) is now available for download!
(Don’t forget to re-copy the “links” folder into your theme!!!)
* Added support for auto-embedding of rich media (API documentation coming soon!)
* Reduced create/admin form to one page
* Wider selection of thumb sizes for the links widget
* Many CSS improvements and fixes
* Lots of general refactoring
* Some minor bug fixes
Currently supported rich media services are YouTube, Flickr (Photo & Video), and metacafe.
The rich media embedding is scalable to an infinite number of rich media services by extending the class API. I will be writing some more extensions based on Alexa.com reach statistics when I have the time. I am also going to try to write up some basic documentation for how to write custom services. In the meantime, if you are a PHP OO wizard, you will have no trouble figuring it our by yourself, just look at the class interfaces in bp-links-embed-classes.php. Feel free to contact me if you need help or would like me to check your work.
Please post any bugs or other issues to this thread. I will do my best to monitor it and address anything that comes up.
- The topic ‘BuddyPress Links 0.2-RC1 now available’ is closed to new replies.