You’ll have to use site wide forums, but bbPress 2.1 can do this for you. Check it out: bbpress.org
Thanks for that Paul, I will give this a try
Sorry, I’ve tried using bbPress 2.1, but it is not integrating well with my group forums and Buddypress 1.5 in general.
What I’ve found:
– Buddypress activity stream not updating when making bbPress forum posts
– Creating a ‘new topic’ in bbPress doesn’t always work. Sometimes I get an error message that no forums exist for a particular group, but doesn’t give me the option of creating a new forum topic from the front-end. I have to go into the WordPress backend to create new topics.
How I installed it:
– Disable ‘Discussion Forums’ component from Buddypress setup
– Uninstall ‘Group Forums’ from Buddypress forum setup
– Delete the WordPress page (“My group forums”) I previously created and linked to Buddypress discussion forum to
– Install bbPress 2.1 and activate
Can you let me know if this looks correct?
Okay, I was able to fix it. If anyone else is having problems integrating bbPress 2.1 and Buddypress 1.6, and getting the group forums to work, here is what I did.
– Install Buddypress 1.6
– Enable all the components of Buddypress EXCEPT ‘Discussion Forums’
– Install bbPress 2.1
– Go into the bbPress settings (in Admin dashboard > Settings > Forums) and tick the box “Allow BuddyPress Groups to have their own forums”. And then select the Group Forums Parent from the dropdown list. If you don’t already have an existing forum, create a new one (in Admin dashboard > Forums > New Forum).
– Your group forums should now be operational.
– If you go into your group forum, and you see a message that no forums exist for this group, and it doesn’t allow you to create a new forum, you may have to recreate your group by clicking the Create Group button on the group page. I had to recreate all my groups, fortunately it is still a new site so not many posts were lost.
– If your group forum posts don’t appear in the activity stream, make sure that the privacy settings (in Admin dashboard > Settings > Privacy) for “Allow search engines to index this site” is ticked
@kraigg this was helpful! Thank you. Worked like a charm.
I want to enable or activate my Share Button (i.e. integrated by buddyshare, in activity tab) when admin approve the post. I have already installed Buddypress Moderation plugin, now it must have to modify somewhere for this. I need assistance.
Reply Soon and thanks in advance…
My be you can find to have a plugin that reflects your requirements…