BuddyPress 2.7.0 Beta 1 is lovingly packed with new features and enhancements and is now available for testing. You can download the BP 2.7.0-beta1 zip or get a copy via our Subversion repository. We’d love to have your feedback and testing help.
N.B.If you are still using WordPress 4.1, we remind you that BuddyPress 2.7.0 will require at least WordPress 4.2.
A detailed changelog will be part of our official release notes, but, until then, here’s a tasty list of some of our favorite changes. (Check out this report on Trac for the full list.)
- Groups query overhaul (#5451)
- Improved extended profile date field (#5500)
- Localized timestamps (#5757)
- Easy unsubscribe from email links (#6932)
- Front-end group types integration (#7210)
- Member type and group type filters in Users and Groups admin screens (#6060, #7175)
- Use WP page names for BP directory pages headings (#6765)
- Use WP 4.3 site icon feature to set a blog’s “profile photo” (#6544)
- Update BP_buttons class to accept new arguments (#7226)
- Accessibility updates for the front-end and back-end screens (#6871, #6881, #7090, #7222, and many others!)
- Templating enhancements (#6884, #7132)
- Improvements to a single group’s management screens (#7079, #6385, #7105)
- Many, many performance improvements (#7120, #6978, #7208, and more!)
- Support for querying for groups by new column
Thanks everyone for all your help to date. We are excited to release BuddyPress 2.7.0 in mid-October!