bp-default parent theme missing
I did a fresh install of WordPress and then a new install of buddypress. I purchased a theme from MOJO and have installed it directly from there and get error message: “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “bp-default” parent theme.”
I also tried installing the theme manually by uploading the zip file and still have same error message. I have looked over the forums to see others are having this same issue but I cannot find a solution. Please help. Have entered info below.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.8
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
Not sure how to answer. I have two domains on one server. The second domain is an add-on, not a subdomain (it has its own URL). WordPress is installed twice in each of the two domain folders, one being in the root directory (main domain) and the other being in the second domain folder.
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? see above
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? NO
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. YES
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.91
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? NO
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Jetpack 2.7 that was already installed
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Currently, I am using the standard theme. I purchased a new theme but it is the one that gives me the error message.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? NO
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? NO
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
I originally had bbPress installed but have not reinstalled after doing a fresh install of buddypress.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
“The parent theme is missing. Please install the “bp-default” parent theme.”
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? LINUX
- The topic ‘bp-default parent theme missing’ is closed to new replies.