Every page I click on in Navigation Bar (except Blog) keeps me at Home Page.
#1 – I’ve had problems with things not showing up. In what folder have you put your BP-theme?
I think I am having the same problem or at lease very similar.
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
no, not on MU
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
plugin – Version 1.2.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
no – fresh install
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
yes, but it doesn’t matter, I deactivated every plugin except Buddy Press, same behavior
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
I have tried using custom themes as well as the default BuddyPress themes
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
it came with it built in, but I haven’t turned it one yet…
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
I have installed BuddyPress in a development environment so that I can test its functionality. It is located at this address http://www.irreia.org/dev (which is a copy of my live blog.
I can successfully navigate to the several pages that are created by BuddyPress:
But if I try to use the admin bar, I can’t get to any page – all pages are redirected to the ‘home’ page of the blog.
I have two members Admin and Carl Chapman, who show up as listed on the main member page, but the hyperlinks to their individual pages are redirected to the ‘home’ page of the blog.
It is the same for any other ‘sub-page’… all are redirected to the ‘home’ page of the blog.
I’m completely stumped.What am I doing wrong? What’s happening and how do I fix it?
A user of ours was having the same problem and we narrowed it down to the users username. They has a space in it and for some reason, they couldn’t do anything but navigate back to the home page. We fixed this by deleting the space in the username within the database so instead of “your username” it became “yourusername”
I have seen this problem. It happened when the username and the nickname where different. The Username was like Admin and the nickname used was molly. In the URL, the nickname was used and it went back to the homepage. If you used the username in the URL, it worked and went to the BuddyPress section you wanted.
I wasn’t sure if it was underlying BuddyPress or if it was the theme.
Any help appreciated!
I also noted that space, dots and @ do not work in usernames, the user is then redirected to the frontpage. Could this be fixed in some way?
Try this one.
Put this line in bp-custom.php or wp-config.php and It should make the user names with special characters work.
define( 'BP_ENABLE_USERNAME_COMPATIBILITY_MODE', true );
Hi, I did that and no joy. I put it in the config file. There was no bp-custom.php file. I have a feeling it is because my admin name has a space in it. Is that i in the BP database? Since it is the admin, should I dork with it in the Database? Is there anyway to change it so I don’t loose the content the user has created?
@Brajesh Singh: Thanks. I made changes directly into the database to fix this problem. The users where are from my old WordPress installation and they registred before installing BP. Maybe it should be possible to have usernames with space, dots and whatever as WordPress do think it is ok???
- The topic ‘Every page I click on in Navigation Bar (except Blog) keeps me at Home Page.’ is closed to new replies.