Forum Replies Created
Login to the admin interface with admin
and click on save changes button and see if it helps.
Try by turn off your Java Script error in IE. To do that follow this link
@jjj : It seems to me that BP is not trapping the GD Lib error while creating a thumbnail when using wp_create_thumbnail function in bp-core-avatars.php around line no. 250 resulted, it render the Cropper UI without an image and without any error.
In this case while all file permission and everything are correct. But user won’t find his file on FTP because BP deletes the original file if its not in correct size.
So I would suggest that before reporting any avatar upload issue here on forum user should check that file permissions are correct and its creating thumbnails.
A very simple way to test this is.
1. Login to the admin interface with admin
2. Goto Media -> Add New and try uploading any image
– If upload works correctly, which means file permission are ok. If not check the file permission
– If upload works correctly, check that its creating thumbnails in 150X150 and 300X300 (default) for bigger images. This can be check by going to wp-content/blogs.dir/–Your Upload path–
If both are correct avatar upload might work.
Hope this helps
@vichost : Please enable user registration from admin interface.
1. Login to the site with admin
2. Goto “Site Admin” -> “Options” or domainname.com/wp-admin/wpmu-options.php
3. Enable registration from “Allow new registrations” section.
Hope this helps.
@all : Now you can download updated plugin for BuddyPress 1.1
@sschablow : Please try by renaming plugins folder to tmp_plugins or something.
@Grosbouff : It can be done by adding filters and actions at each point where you want to inject other plugins or code.
You can use
1. To change “socialnetwork” on home page
Go to -> wp-content -> themes -> bphome -> images -> logo.gif
2. To change “socialnetwork” on members page
Go to -> wp-content -> bp-themes -> bpmember -> images -> logo.gif
It seems memory_limit issue to me. If you check your php error log there must be a line something like “Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted…….”
To resolve that
1. Check your phpinfo() and find “memory_limit” in it (Most server has 8 MB).
2. Now to increase your memory_limit edit your php.ini file and find memory_limit
3. Change existing value memory_limit = 8M ; to something like memory_limit = 12M ;
4. Restart your apache server.
5. Again check phpinfo() and memory_limit, now it should be 12M
I think above workaround will solve your problem.
I have tried many times but at my end forum coming out ok, each time every time
[p][/p] is a known bug and still needs to be tracked.
Try by deactivation vipers-video-quicktags plugin.
@ pb1285n : Can I have your URL?
@ amweiss: Please refer to following thread
@ thestasi : It seems even your BuddyPress not setup properly. So please go one step at a time
I am using bbPress-1.0-RC1 and everything seems to be working fine.
Clear your browser cache & cookies and try again.
I am not sure in which sidebar you want to implement this.
If you are talking about blog sidebar in default BP theme.
1. Open sidebar.php from wp-content/themes/bphome/
2. Replace all content with following code
<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar')
|| !dynamic_sidebar('blog-sidebar') ) : ?>
<?php _e( 'Please log in and add widgets to this column.', 'buddypress' ) ?> <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl') ?>/wp-admin/widgets.php?s=&show=&sidebar=sidebar-4"><?php _e( 'Add Widgets', 'buddypress' ) ?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php bp_adminbar_notifications_menu(); ?>
3. Check by clicking on any post from main blog.
You have to create a new function like bp_adminbar_notifications_menu()
Even if you directly write bp_adminbar_notifications_menu(); in your sidebar you will get the result.
@Arse suarez : If user’s email ids are registered on gravatar.com then it will show.
Pls try by moving album folder to your member theme folder
For that you have to customize your member theme.
I think you are using IE6.
Can you please check it in other browsers like Firefox or Safari?
Here are links for these plugins
wordpress-thread-comment needs some modification to work only with post author
Please refer to these notes in style.css
* Rename /css/custom-sample.css to /css/custom.css and uncomment the following line to load your own
* custom styles without modifying the originals (this will preserve your changes across theme updates)
* @import url(css/custom.css);
* NOTE: If you rename /css/site-wide-sample.css to /css/site-wide.css you can apply CSS styles to any
* theme that is in use across your whole site. This includes any blog or member theme. You do not
* need to add an @import declaration in this file, it will load automaticaly.