Re: Avatar Upload
I can not change or create avatars
I assume you mean that you cannot create avatars at all. If that is the case, then you cannot even get the chance to change your avatar. Is this correct?
The error you mentioned in your OP is found in only two places in BP:
- bp_core_avatar.php –> in the function bp_core_avatar_admin
- bp_xprofile_signup.php –> in the function xprofile_validate_signup_fields
So, either you do not have sufficient permissions in the folder where the avatar is first uploaded, or you’re uploading an avatar that is too big. I will guess that it is the first problem based on the error message.
But, let’s be thorough.
You mentioned that you’re running a very recent BP trunk version and WPMU 2.7.1_beta from branch. We’ll assume that everything is correct with your upgrade and that you’ve also read the thread Lance mentioned and tried any applicable suggestions.
Here, then, are some additional or follow-up questions:
- What is the size of the avatar you’re trying to upload?
- What is the avatar’s format?
- Are you using the standard buddypress-member theme or a customized theme?
- What version of GD is installed?
- What version of PHP are you using?
- Have you checked all the folders in blog.dir and made sure that there are indeed no files?
- Have you checked the permissions of each of the subfolders in blog.dir?