Re: bbpress 1.0 integrates well now
1) Doesn’t really matter what you were upgrading from. Just install bbpress 1.0.
2) I don’t trust the auto upgrade process so I manually upgrade
3) No buddypress enable plugin is needed. You do have to be running the right version of php though. See:
4) Don’t know what the issue is there
5) Yes this user switching is needed.
Don’t forget to enable pingbacks and xmlrpc. Also my test group forum didn’t work right away. I disabled the group’s forum component in the group admin page, saved the settings and then re-enabled it. Worked after that.