Re: BP Album+ || New Features Requests and Discussion
BP Album+ has a very straightforward roadmap: systematically clone the media management features of Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube …and do it as quickly as possible.
In order of priority, we’re working on the following features:
1) Batch file uploading (2 -3 days)
2) AJAX image sorting (about a week)
3) Demo templates (that show all the features, emulate facebook and flickr, etc) (about 10 days)
4) Albums for groups (about 2 weeks)
5) Streaming audio and video (about 3 weeks)
6) Disk quota
7) Tight integration with BP’s tagging and search functions
Photos widget, “your friends’s recently updated media”, etc
9) “Like” feature on media items. (Possibly dependent on BP, as I think they’re adding capability to the BP core)
10) Inappropriate content flagging
At that point we basically match Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube feature-for-feature.
I’m sure after that we’ll get lots of site-specific feature requests (can you add a feature that lets users doodle on their photos, etc) but the core features give you what you need to run practically any website.