Re: For Problems Or Broken Things With The Recent BuddyPress.Org Redesign
It took me a while to think about this.
I mostly like it, but the ‘faded’ quality of the colors is weirding me out.
- Text in the forums is a little … small. Compare it to wordpress.org and notice how their text is a little darker and larger. That is much easier to read for the majority of people, I’d think.
- The blue for links should be darker
- The grey for alternate posts is a great background color. Don’t change.
- The TEXT in the post-reply form is too light.
- The text in the Post Reply button is similarly too light.
The other thought I have is hard to quantify, but I’m going to say it anyway. Something about the GROUPS makes it feel like a hobby site, rather than a serious ‘business’ site (yeah, I said it). I’m not sure if it’s the rounded corners missing, or the general paleness of the site, but something feels off. Casual.
Yeah, that were crap feedback. Sorry.
(Oh and the fact that HTML isn’t working? Like I put LI and UL in this post and it’s borked? Is frustrating.)