Re: Forum Integration: HELPING HINTS
Funny, I have followed the steps in the integration – and I could not make the Forums appear in Buddypress Groups. I tried a lot but the only solution to my problem (and perhaps NOTME31’s problem also) is just to go to DASHBOARD > Buddypress > Component Setup > and “disable” Buddypress BBForums option, save it and then “enable” it again.
Voila! It worked! No need to use the BBPress Integration plugin nor modify WP-CONFIG and BB-CONFIG.
I am using the latest release of Buddypress, and BBpress rel 1. “Bechet”. My site is at http://www.animejoints.com, although I cared not to go into “deep integration” this time. I am already happy with the BBPress Forum sharing same login as with the Buddypress and Forums are working.
HINT: Simply follow the steps outlined on the first post of this thread.
bbPress Side (First):
1) you have bbpress installed and a new user created on the “bbPress” side which you granted “administrator” rights by the keymaster
2) you copy the “buddypress-enable.php” plugin out of the bp-forums folders and copy it into your /my-plugins/ folder (create if it doesn’t exist) so it is /my-plugins/buddypress-enable.php ****People ask about /bb-plugins/ versus /my-plugins/ and put it in /my-plugins/
3) Enable the plugin through your bbPress administration side for plugins
4) Edit “settings” to enable xmlrpc and pingbacks (both)
5) edit your bb-config.php and just before the closing php call at the bottom of the page put:
$bb->bb_xmlrpc_allow_user_switching = true;
buddypress Side (Second):
6) Go into your main blog dashboard as the “site-admin” and go to the “bbPress Forums” page. Put in the URL of your forum like http://yoursite.com/forums/ and make sure you have the ending slash on that one.
7) Put in the user that you created in step 1 with the bbPress “administration” rights and their password. I never changed the password, just used the random one it sent me, but it is up to you. I usually save it a couple of times to ensure it was entered due to a refreshing bug at time of writing this.
Before you go to your Group Admin Setting to enable Forum, go to BuddyPress> Component Setup > and disable – save – enable BBPress Forums.