Re: Getting 404 on every think that i click on Menu Bar – Newbie help
I’m having the same problem. I will provide as MUCH information as I can per the list.
Website here: http://test.risdarchitecture.net
I’ve moved the BP themes to the wp-content/themes directory.
This is the third clean install of WPMU and BP (including new SQL database, etc).
I host with 1and1, so I’ve had to add a .htaccess file to the root directory to change to php5.
1. Which version of WPMU are you running? WordPress MU 2.8.4
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install? Directory
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? It is in the root, however the root URL itself is a subdirectory.
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version? No.
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress? Yes.
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running? Version 1.1.2
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? No.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? No.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Yes.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No.
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? BP came with an install of bbPress installed (I think).
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. My site is hosted by 1and1. I don’t think they provide log files.
Please help! I’ve read and read this forum and there doesn’t seem to be a definitive solution anywhere.