Re: How to customize the user navigation bar and user profile tabs
Hello again. I posted this question on a new topic, no responses. I’ll try asking the question here since I have received responses on this thread. Thank you. Here goes:
I added the code below in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/members/members-loop.php, to display additional profile fields in the member directory and to display the member’s role (either ‘Subscriber’ or ‘Provider’). In the code below, I specifically checked for the user’s role to determine whether I need to display ‘Subscriber’ or ‘Provider’.
– is there a way to check for the capability instead – i.e., if the user can ‘edit posts’ then I will display ‘Subscriber’, otherwise I will display ‘Provider’? If so, can you please let me know how to do that as I have not been able to figure it out.
– is there a way to display a newline so that ‘Subscriber’ or ‘Provider’ will display on the next line, below the member’s title and company name. I tried to echo “n” but it’s not outputting a newline and I have no idea why.
Thank you for the help.
* If you want to show specific profile fields here you can,
* but it’ll add an extra query for each member in the loop
* (only one regadless of the number of fields you show):
* bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=the field name’ );
if( bp_get_member_profile_data ( ‘field=Title’ ) )
echo bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=Title’ ), ‘ (‘, bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=Company’ ), ‘)’, ‘ – ‘;
$user = new WP_User( bp_get_member_user_id() );
if ( $user->roles == ‘subscriber’ )