Re: MediaWiki edits -> BP activity streams
@Flynn – Glad you got the single sign-on working! The visual integration really just came from an excessive amount of CSS elbow grease. I’m a bit embarrassed to say that our solution for sitewide navigation isn’t as elegant as yours – the WP nav is hardcoded into the MediaWiki template. We were in a rush to get the thing together (and frustrated with the less-than-ideal theming structure of MW!) and it never occurred to us. I’ll definitely look into using includes to make this work.
As for the activity plugin – it’s hard to know from just the blank screen just what’s wrong. If you’re getting the problem even without saving pages, then it’s unlikely that it’s a problem with the code (since it is only hooked when a wiki page save is complete). A couple possibilities:
- You might want to take a look to make sure that there is a close ?> in the MW extension. I had to leave it out of the MW documentation page because of the way the MW knowledgebase renders PHP (I guess?). If MW isn’t detecting an end to the extension, it could cause a panic.
- Where did you place the require_once line in your LocalSettings.php? My system was finicky; I only got the plugin to activate correctly when I made it the second to last require_once in the config file (just before the WP redirection extension code). So you might try playing around with the location of this file.
- Make sure as well that the line in LocalSettings.php is pointing to the right location – [MW-directory]/extensions/buddypress-activity/buddypress-activity.php, or whatever alternative location you’ve chosen on your system.
Hope that helps at least a little!
@Hempsworth – It’s funny that you mention the class=timesince – I must have spent three hours trying to get that to work one way or the other. The problem is that the timesince span tags are added in the individual BP components (groups, blogs, wire, etc). To get wiki functions to work the same way I would have to abandon the quick-n-dirty activity hack that I employed and actually build entire wiki BP classes. Maybe one day! In the meantime, you might try this even quicker-n-dirtier hack that I mention in the Usage section of the extension page. The preg_replace code I give there goes in BuddyPress core, around line 226 and 230 (ish) of [wp-install-directory]/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity/bp-activity-templatetags.php. This hack will only apply to new wiki activity – not the stuff that you’ve already posted – so make sure to make a new wiki edit to test.