Happy to help. I’ll try to give a little detail of the gotchas.
1. Go to http://moodle.schoolsict.net/2010/04/21/db-authentication-with-phpass-integrating-wordpress/ and read their directions. Download their files.
2. Backup your files and database
3. Upload the /auth/db files you downloaded from schoolsict
4. Go to phpmyadmin and create the views provided by schoolsict: now here is the trick. They wanted mdl_firstname2 to be created .. and this didn’t work for me. Instead, I changed all of the “xxx2” to “xxx” and after the 4 views are created then you’ll want to verify that the data are showing in the views.
5. Go to your moodle install, login, and follow the directions on schoolsict to setup the external database.
6. Modify /user/editlib.php and comment out city/county $mforms around lines 198 and 204 …
7. Change the Moodle settings for users to “student” and not “authenticated”
Test, test, and retest.
Hope this helps.