Skip to:

Re: Page Not Found Error With 1.1

Jeff Sayre


Okay, so everything is standard issue.

I had a similar problem when I upgraded one of my development sites to pre1.1. I ended up reinstalling from scratch–both WPMU 2.8.4a and BP trunk. I did a clean install–sort of. First, I deactivated BuddyPress since I planned on using the same DB.

Then I dragged my wp-config.php and .htaccess files out of the root directory before deleting everything else in the root directory. I reinstalled WPMU just by copying the files back into the empty root. I then put back the wp-config and .htaccess files, logged into WPMU as Site Admin, and reactivated BP and reselected the BP themes.

My problem went away.

By the way, if you are running WPMU in a development environment and you selected the subdomain install option for blogs, you will have an issue if you have not set up a wildcard DNS record and have more than the main blog. I had this issue with one of my dev sites.

What happened was that it threw an error when I upgraded Mu form 2.7.1 to 2.8.4a. It could not properly upgrade any of the test blogs (other than Blog ID 1) since it could not resolve the subdomains. I had not set up a wildcard record for that dev site.

Skip to toolbar