Re: Several widgets disappear when .mo file installed
I had this same problem when I tried to use the Portuguese translation and this is how I fixed it.
1) Remove all your bp widgets.
2) Open translation.po
3) Find bp-core/bp-core-widgets.php (it is mentioned many times and write down the line numbers)
4) Open mu-plugins/bp-core/bp-core-widgets.php
5) Translate manually the lines where the translation file was supposed to do it.
6) re-upload mu-plugins/bp-core/bp-core-widgets.php
7) activate widgets that now will be named on your translation language e.g. “welcome” will be “Bienvenido”
send me a beer!