Re: White Screen of Death
The URL where I’m testing the BP is http:// mysupport.byethost13.com it is shared hosting where each subdomain that belongs to my account looks like root. All root files must be uploaded into \htdocs folder that pretends to be root.
Once installed, only the core Blog is fully available. Users (user1, user2) have created their blog(s). Posts are accessible by Site Wide Activity/Wires but no permalinks expect the main blog are accessible. Thus no user nor admin personal blogs (comments) aren’t accessible.
My hosting program allows the .htaccess. The links to the missing elements seems to be OK. It properly generates addresses like http://mysupport.byethost13.com/personal/2009/08/27/hello-world-2/ but it is empty.
The /wp-content/blogs.dir contains strange sub-folder structure
/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/avatars/2(4) where two and four is a Id of users that have
uploaded their avatar. Gods know what does it mean the 1 in the root.
For testing purposes I have created your account (Id 4) JDPaul/password. I just wanted to test the BP abbility to access/write the folder. Avatar was uploaded.
1) BP is talsk to MySql
2) tld/blog works as expected
3) All site.tld/users links + site.tld/groups seems to be fine
4) At least part of the BP code can write the blogs.dir folder
5) For some reason site others blog permalinks site.tld/user1, site.tld/user2, site.tld/personal do not work.
Please feel free to log-in and play. I believe we both need a computer aided check list
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
WordPress MU 2.8.4.
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
root as much it can be on shared host
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
there was no trafic
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
standard – works fine
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.