Re: WordPress MU 2.7.1 and bbPress 1.0-RC integration problem
Hmm… I have these same versions and after changing doing the cookie integration and getting everything “set up” I can no longer access the back-end of BBPress. My user is no longer the ‘key master’ or admin for BBPress.
Let me break this down with some more detail, I really want to get this working!
Versions I’m using
- WPMU 2.7.1
- BuddyPress 1.0
I got WPMU 2.7.1 and BuddyPress 1.0 installed fine so I’ll just skip that part entirely.
- As directed from multiple sources about integrating BBPress, I erased the Authentication Unique Keys from wp-config and then proceeded to log into the WPMU back end where it presented me with newly genereated ones for: ‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘AUTH_KEY’, AUTH_SALT, LOGGED_IN_KEY LOGGED_IN_SALT SECURE_AUTH_KEY, SECURE_AUTH_SALT
- I created a folder named ‘forums’ (I realize that this can be named whatever I want) and put all of the files from the BBPress 1.0 RC-1 in there.
- I went through the install steps, filling out the database info but skipping the ‘Integrate with WordPress’ steps in order to do this later in the BBPress admin panel.
- I get that all set up and go to the BBPress admin panel where I fill out the necessary info for integration with WordPress, sharing the same database, filling out the salts which are the same ones I used in wp-config.
- I put define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/domain/forums/’); into my wp-config file as directed by BBPress instructions.
- I also made sure that the AUTH_KEY, SECURE_AUTH_KEY, and LOGGED_IN_KEY in wp-config.php matched BB_AUTH_KEY, BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY and BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY in bb-config.php
Now, after doing all that I headed back to the admin panel for BuddyPress and filled out the information for integration with BBPress there. Now, when I go to my BBPress forums page and log in as my admin account on BuddyPress/WPMU I am not the admin on BBPress and thus cannot access the back-end. This isn’t the only problem, although it is the main one. I also cannot get my groups on BuddyPress to generate a forum topic when I try to do so it gives an error and says that it couldn’t.
I am going to attempt again with Trevor’s instructions but there are some fuzzy bits in there so I just want to make sure I’m attempting to do this correctly with the correct versions of WPMU, BuddyPress and BBPress. **Note that I cannot find any of the earlier Alphas on the BBPress site, so if I am using the wrong one…am I S.O.L.?