Re: Translations – to rename parts of BP
Ok i found a few sites that made a bit more sense and i pieced all the bits together.
I downloaded the POT file fomr the bp SVN.
Downloaded a program called POEDIT
Created a new catalog from the PO file
Made my translations
Save the file which created an MO file
Eventually figured out i needed to upload my MO file to the bp-languages DIR in the mu-plugins DIR of WP
Then i opened up bp-core.php and found the line
if ( file_exists( ABSPATH . ‘wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-languages/buddypress-‘ . get_locale(). ‘.mo’ ) )
load_textdomain( ‘buddypress’, ABSPATH . ‘wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-languages/buddypress-‘ . get_locale() . ‘.mo’ );
I couldn’t find out anything on get_locale() function that mean’t anything to me so i just removed get_locale() and replaced it with my .mo filename.