Skip to:

Re: User Blogs gone! What do I do now



As we say here in South Africa “Eish!” (pronounced “aysh” and no its not a swearword)

I checked everything and my users blogs are all set to public. Even the root blog seems inaccessible which why I presume I can’t even see the “front page” with all the widget areas, the only thing that is working is the groups section

Heres how I ended up in this pickle:

I have had some issues here and there with 1.1.x but otherwise everything was working fine before I migrated to 1.2…

Then I decided to updgrade to 1.2 without checking to see if there would be issues. Immediately after the upgrade I had some problems where my theme was broken. It didn’t occur to me that 1.1.x themes might be incompatible with 1.2 and so I thought it was my theme. I was getting an error saying that “bp_group_pagination_count() ” does not exit in “mytheme/groups/group-loop.php”

Upon inspecting the logs and looking in the trunk code in TRAC I discovered what I though to be typos in the code. The code in “groups/ground-loop.php” in TRAC said actually called a function with the “bp_groups_pagination_count() ” note the change from “group” to “groups” in the function name. So I thought I had it sorted. I edited my them and changed the function call to bp_groups_pagination_count() and all seemed well except that I couldn’t see my user blogs or my other pages ( which have custom slugs). I also noticed that when I visit my site it lands me on the “groups” section.

So I deactivated 1.2 and deleted it using the backend thinking that if I completely remove my upgraded BP 1.2 and start from scratch it would all be good. Then I went to install “new plugins and to the search to search for buddypress and then I installed 1.2 all over again. I also installed the backwards compatibility plugin which I updated just now as well. Then I started to get the same problem and noticed that I couldn’t even edit the root blogs posts from the backend and neither can the users edit their blogs.

After scratching my head I went to go and look within the database tables and I can see that the posts are still there, so its clearly and issue with rendereding the content through BP. Because when I deactivate BP press completely and go back to Kubrick I can suddenly see all my content by going to the links to the different pages directly.

So my site is in limbo at the moment ,which is all part of the fun I guess. I hope that helps you Andy and whoever else is looking into this.

No doubt the other users will have followed a different path to get to where I am but I feel its something to do with the migration to BP 1.2 that has somehow altered some data somewhere that effects the output when BP is active together with the backwards compatibility plugin

Skip to toolbar