Re: User points
@DJPaul: I have to second the others – it sounds great!
We’re running a youth community and the kids love ranks and badges.
Sorry, at the moment I don’t have any ideas for the list, since it’s pretty exhausting. However from experience I know that ideas and desires come too late and thus an individual extension would be great. My idea goes like that:
– Definition of a new badge e.g. “proudclicker” and set points to 100
In the field:
– calling “points(‘proundclicker’,’user_login’,’amountofpoints2add’)” wherever I want (e.g. as a callback when a user clicks a certain button) to update the points.
– After the set amout of points is reached the user earnes the badge.
– Associating an image with a badge in order to express the pride (kids love it as much as army vets )
– Notice on activity stream when a badge is earned
– A Top list showing the top of all badge collectors