Re: www / root problem (blog shows, but not members / groups / etc)
Thanks Jeff — good question!
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
WordPress MU 2.8.6.
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
Yea, mostly (except that I had to install plugin to dealt with “www” subdomain issue [see above / top] )
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
Yea, “GD Star-Rating” + “Visitor Maps and Who’s Online” (I guess I could do without this one if Buddypress would work )
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
I clicked to istall forums, but haven’t touched that since (absolute beginner with that)
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
None (at least not that I can see)
14. Which company provides your hosting?
“Freenet.DE” (I think somehow affiliated with either GMX or Strato )
Bonus: trying to set it up here >> http://saarpfalz.org/x/