Search Results for 'profile fields'
Theme: Aggregate by Elegant Themes
I’m really at my wits end and not sure where to proceed from here. I have a live site that is going on about a month now, we have around 25-30 users at this current time and they’re constantly reporting to me that a page here and there is showing “No Results Found.”
Up until this point, it’s been okay and I’ve just re-saved the permalink structure each time, but today the worst thing possible happened and my login page became “No Results Found.”
Thankfully, I was logged into my site via my PC, so I could update the permalink structure, but what if I hadn’t been? I don’t know how to fix this, I don’t know what’s causing it.
The major issue is, it’s intermittent so deactivating and reactivating plugins one-by-one may not be the most useful route for this simply because I can’t guarantee when it’s going to happen, in order to deduce what the issue is.
Any help in this matter is extremely appreciated.
Permalink Structure: Post name (http://www.heartwoodgaming.com/sample-post/)
The following is a list of my currently installed plugins:
- All in One SEO Pack
- BadgeOS Community Addon
- bbP private groups
- bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab
- bbp style pack
- BP Registration Options
- BuddyPress XProfile Custom Fields Type
- Contact Form 7
- DP Pro Event Calendar
- Enhanced Media Library
- GD bbPress Attachments
- GD bbPress Tools
- Link Library
- Really Simple Captcha
- rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
- Sidebar Manager Light
- Theme My Login
- Thin Out Revisions
- TinyMCE Advanced
- TinyMCE Visual Editor Comment
- User Role Editor
- WP Symposium Toolbar
I was wondering why the “default user profile fields” like website, twitter, etc. are not accessible via the Buddypress profile page on frontend. I have searched the whole internet but didn´t find an easy way on how to make this fields available and editable.
Background of my question:
– I´m using WP together with WP Events Manager
– In WP Events Manager you can add easily custom user profile fields
– So if a user subscribes to an event you can save additional information like “special interests” and saving this directly in user profile
– But then after event registration the user can not update this data in his buddypress profile
– He can only update it if he goes after login on his profile in backend (/wp-admin/profile.php)
Thanks for feedback and sharing your experience.
I need to add an option to select between Subscriber & Editor as a user Role during registration in buddypress so that when a user register he/she can select the desired user role.
I tried the examples from earlier post but didn’t worked for me. Also BuddyPress xProfiles ACL is not available for my version of WordPress.
I am using: wordpress 4.1.1
I have also installed few buddypress related plugins-
– BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type
– rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
– a self created buddypress plugin
I need that registration page layout, so i create my fields in user/profile fields:
– Account type is on Base (primary) tab [A]
– other four are inside register.php [B]
– fields for selected account type are in my field group tab [C]
– [D] is just description for selected type (can be added by jquery)
How can i insert only few fields from my tab group [C] when user choose option 1, and another when 2nd option are selected.
– Is possible to do this with php (hm case?break?) or only by jquery?
– how to get raw fields option values for that selectbox?
thanks for any example.
// WP: v4.1.1 // BP: v2.2.1
I’m using WP 4.1.1 with theme Fifteen and I recently installed BP 2.2.1
I had a personalized wp-login.php page (the existing file plus some style changes) and I’ve modified all header.php, footer.php, sidebar.php, index.php files.
At the BP configuration, I choose the Register page to be associated to the new register page created during BP installation.
So now, when I access to http://mysite/wp/wp-login.php?action=register “somekind” it’s redirected to http://mysite/wp/register/ and it renders the BP registration page but:
- There’s no page header. None. It starts with <div id="primary" class="content-area"> instead of <html>
- The first line of register.php is <div id="buddypress"> but there are some div before this
- There’s no page footer
I’m very newbie with both WP and BP but I’m pretty sure it’s not the regular behaviour.
I need to know how to include my personalized header and footer from the BP register.php page and/or call my already customized wp-login?action=register page instead of the BP one, but I’m working with xProfile fields so I assume the best is going to be the first option.
Anyway, could anybody tell me how is a BP page (e.g. the registration one) rendered? Which files+functions (the final html code related ones) are called? I can’t see the flow easily…
Thanks a lot!
i want to edit my BuddyPress profile on a single page instead of serveral tabs/pages.
By now, every profile group generates a new tab with an own URL. Even if there is only one field within a group.
Is there any solution to display all groups on a single page? So the user can edit and save all fields without clicking through serveral tabs.
I’m running the most current versions of wp/bp and have a theme called KLEO running. I’m attempting to use xprofile fields for my users to add embeds from the included oembed providers in stock wordpress. I have tried share links, iframes and shortcodes and can’t get them to display on a member profile page. The activity stream etc. displays them no problems I just can’t get them to display on any member profile page . Can anyone shed some lite on this for me??
I have Custom fields of S2 members as follows :
I want to add these to members profiles under Last Activity. With little nowledge and surfing over internet i found that i need to add a code in Members-loop.php I also found that the following code will do the thing. But it didnt work for me :
<?php do_action( 'bp_directory_members_item' ); ?> <?php $theUserID = bp_get_member_user_id();?> <div id="profile_data"> <span class="profile_fields"> <li><?php echo get_user_field('gender_id', $theUserID);?></li> <li><?php echo get_user_field('College_name', $theUserID);?></li> <li><?php echo get_user_field('course_name', $theUserID);?></li> </span> </div>
Please help me to do it right.
Topic: Custom Post Type & Profiles
I am building an online community for a fitness instructor and would like the following feature but have no idea how to go about implementing it.
I would like to create a custom post type called Fitness Stats, when my client goes to this post type in the admin and clicks add new I would like the following fields to appear:
User – This either needs to be a dropdown of current users or a user search facility that populates this field with a user.
Calorie requirement for fat loss (-500),
Calorie requirement for muscle gain (+250)
When this record is saved I would then like the results displayed on the users profile (only to them) in a table so that more stats can be added.
Is this possible?
Any help would be much appreciated.
1. I installed woo, bp, bb on wp separately. I have groups with private forums and went right to bb and made a few forums that don’t belong to groups. Is there a way for me to HIDE just the PRIVATE forums from http://mydomain.com/forums/ while them still being visible/public on http://mydomain.com/groups/
2. Because I installed buddypress, does that mean I have to remake all the fields (like Bio) from the WordPress user fields? Some of my wordpress plugins add fields to wordpress profile but not buddypress extra user fields (google authorship or badge os options for instance). So by enabling buddypress, does that mean that members can no longer access the wordpress dashboard at all?
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
> The latest
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
> Main Root
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
BBPress, Yoast SEO, BadgeOS, Woocommerce + a few others
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
I am trying to get all options associated to a field without being assigned to a user. I know
bp_get_profile_field_data( array('user_id'=>$current_user_id,'field'=>'fieldabc' ));grabs the user data, but how could I do this for retreiving all options associated to a custom profile field?
I.e. fieldabc has checkbox 1, 2, 3
user ID has checkbox 1 from fieldabc.
What I want is to return all checkbox fields from fieldabc.
Topic: What do I need?
This seems so basic to do for the world’s most advanced CMS, but I cannot figure out how to do it. All I want to do is this:
-Have certain types of users answer certain questions during registration.
-Specifically, patients, family, caretakers, physicians.
-Carry that data over into matching fields on a profile page for the user.
-Have unique PROFILES and FIELDS for those aforementioned user types (so one layout/field set for patients, another for the caretakers, etc).
-Profile fields that CANNOT be changed after the initial registration.
-Profile fields that CAN be changed after the initial registration.
-Change the registration page layout so that all the questions are not in just a list.
I guess I’m trying to get the function and look of Ultimate Member with the feature set of BuddyPress. I realize the two do not interface, and I don’t want them to. I want BuddyPress to freaking work!