Re: BP 1.2.4 and WP 3.0 – Blank wp-admin with multisite enabled.
@DJPaul – I understand. However, having tested in dev installs to WP 3.0 RC2 and not getting the smooth experience I have on WPMU 2.9.2 with BP 126.96.36.199 and with all preferred BP plugins working; I can only recommend using WP 3.0 with BP 188.8.131.52 in test/dev installs and not in production/live installs.
There are 5 ways to test BuddyPress with WordPress 3.0 and I’ve tested four of those configs:
1) WP 3.0 single (new install) – “Page Not Found” for BP components. Preferred BP plugins not working as they have not been upgraded to work with WP 3.0.
2) WP 3.0 multisite subdomain (new install) – “Page Not Found” for BP components. Enable MULTIBLOG renders BP links in subsites to go to home page. preferred BP plugins not working as they have not been upgraded to work with WP 3.0
3) WP 3.0 multisite subdirectory – did not test – I’ve heard that this set up is working for some friends and per posting in WP.org forums
4) WPMU 2.9.2 subdirectory upgraded to WP 3.0 – same as #2 above
5) WPMU 2.9.2 subdomain upgraded to WP 3.0 – same as #2 above
Maybe I’ll try to test the 4 configs I have for WP RC3 and see what happens this weekend or next.